Homes for sale in south west Edmonton have been a hot commodity for years now. Southwest Edmonton has seen explosive growth over the past 10 years with a number of well-designed communities quickly taking shape and accommodating a high demand from homebuyers looking for a piece of suburban paradise to call home. From first-time homebuyers to families and even those looking to downsize and live a life of maintenance-free luxury, south west Edmonton homes for sale appeal to buyers at all lifestyle stages and budgets.
Part of the appeal in south west Edmonton is in large part due to the ease of access, amazing amenities, and abundant services that have grown in-step with the communities in the area. Southwest Edmonton features quiet neighbourhoods, spacious homes and lots, and absolutely everything you need within a quick 5-minute drive or less.
Moving to the suburbs doesn’t mean sacrificing quick access to restaurants, entertainment, and services, especially here where amenities have kept up with the demand for homes in southwest Edmonton. Some of the top amenities in this area include:
- Currents of Windermere
- Heritage Valley Transit Centre
- Future southwest Edmonton hospital
- Brand new schools
- Quick access to every corner of the city via the Anthony Henday (with lane expansion currently underway)
We’ll focus here on the top new southwest Edmonton communities located just south of the Henday that are seeing major interest and growth right now.
Jagare Ridge (Hays Ridge)
Rivalling the estate homes of Upper Windermere and Windermere Ridge, Jagare Ridge homes for sale are stately and luxurious. Some of the city’s preeminent home builders have crafted beautiful houses that maximize the gorgeous golf course views of the Jagare Ridge Golf Course which winds along the Whitemud Creek Ravine.
Who’s buying homes for sale in Jagare Ridge?
- Families looking for upscale, spacious move-up homes
- Golf and nature enthusiasts who want to combine luxury with beautiful views
- Busy professionals and retirees alike who want the estate lifestyle without the upkeep
Homes for sale in Creekwood Chappelle and Chappelle Gardens are hotter than ever right now. Creekwood is a popular choice particularly for growing families and offers a wide variety of home options for a range of budgets. Homebuyers can choose from townhomes, duplexes, laned single-family homes, and spacious homes with attached garages.
Located almost equidistant between the amenities of the Heritage Valley area and the Windermere area, Chappelle residents have plenty of options for the services they need.
Who’s buying Chappelle homes for sale?
- First-time homebuyers ready to establish roots
- Growing families looking for affordable modern homes on quiet, family-friendly streets
- Anyone at any stage of life looking for suburban comforts without sacrificing access to amenities and services
It might be the most challenging-to-pronounce community in Windermere, but Glenridding (it’s ridding, like good riddance, not riding, like riding a bike) is another great option for anyone looking at homes for sale in southwest Edmonton.
Featuring townhomes, duplexes, laned homes, and single-family homes with attached garages, there are Glenridding homes for sale for every lifestyle and price point. A large centrally-located green space located next to a park and playground has also been zoned for a future public elementary school.
Who’s buying homes for sale in Glenridding?
- Families of all sizes working with a range of budgets who want a quiet, safe community surrounded by families with similar values
- Home buyers looking to capitalize on a good investment in an area that will continue to see growth and demand into the future
Located in the Heritage Valley area of southwest Edmonton, Desrochers homes for sale are another great option for growing families especially with two K-9 schools, a new high school and a community recreation centre located close by.
Who’s buying homes for sale in Desrochers?
- First-time homebuyers who want a brand new home in an exciting new development
- Active families who appreciate sustainability and conservation efforts that will love the planned 13-acre preserved natural tree stand and 12-acre carbon-neutral constructed wetland in the community
Okay, maybe this community is a tie with Glenridding in terms of pronunciation (hint: the “w” is silent) but homes for sale in Keswick and ONE at Keswick are popular among southwest Edmonton home buyers looking for modern luxury in Windermere. Ranging from ultra-modern condos and townhomes to traditional estate homes on sprawling lots, Keswick has options for everyone.
Who’s buying Keswick homes for sale?
- Professionals who prefer a maintenance-free refuge in the suburbs close to landscaped trails along the river valley
- Families looking for a stylishly modern move-up home with plenty of room for growing kids
- Homeowners ready to move into the exclusive estate home of their dreams
Ready to take your home search south of the Henday? Call/text Wally at 780.238.7384 or connect online and check out listings in these southwest Edmonton communities.